Michelmersh Brick Holdings PLC are looking for an experienced Mechanical Maintenance Fitter to join our Maintenance team at our Romsey site. To be considered for this role, you must have proven experience within a busy manufacturing environment and hold mechanical qualifications as detailed below.
Key duties and responsibilities:
- Report directly to the Maintenance Manager, whilst being integrated within a team of fully skilled engineers
- Attend to breakdowns, including mechanical/hydraulic/pneumatics failures as a priority to ensure plant uptime is kept at a premium
- Assist in the analysis of breakdowns to establish route courses and implement corrective action
- Contribute to PPM system proactive checks being completed on time
- Overhaul, repair, and refurbish parts and equipment in the maintenance workshop outside of breakdowns and PPMs
- Fulfil parts requisitions on the completion of work to ensure stock levels are retained, minimizing downtime
- Assist with ongoing project work (such as new equipment installation/factory improvements)
- Nurture and assist our up-and-coming apprentices by passing on valuable skills and knowledge
- Liaise with fellow colleagues on different shift patterns, handing over work and reporting any issues
- Undertake any reasonable requests for training, either internally or externally, to improve performance and capabilities
- Maintain high levels of compliance with health and safety standards whilst performing duties
- Flexibility to occasionally work outside of shift pattern when cover is required
The successful applicant must have:
- Formal qualifications within mechanical engineering (Apprenticeship, NVQ Level 3, City & Guilds, BTEC or similar)
- Demonstrable work history & experience working in a mechanical fitting position
- Experience servicing/repairing components
- Good competency with hydraulic & pneumatics
- Ability to read and understand technical drawings
- Ability to weld, grind and use oxygen/acetylene bottles
- Good problem-solving skills with a keen eye for detail
Desirable personal attributes:
- Ability to prioritize tasks and adapt to changing workload
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Preferably forklift truck license but not essential.
- Preferably Electrical/electronic knowledge but not essential.
- Values honesty, integrity, and professional ethics in the workplace
Full list of Terms & Conditions available at the interview.
If the above role appeals to you and you are looking for a new challenge Michelmersh wants to hear from you.
Closing date 4th September 2022.